1. Pick the location, preferably one that doesn’t get a lot of foot traffic. You should also choose a room that has doors so you can completely close off from the rest of the world!
2. Assess the number of books you have to determine how much shelving space you’ll need. If you have a ton of books that you plan on keeping, floor-to-ceiling shelves may be the best option. If you prefer to use an e-reader, you may only need a few free-standing shelving units.
3. Invest in great library furniture! The more space you have, the more library essentials you can add.
4. If you have a dining room that you never use, consider turning it into a library. Place comfy seating around the perimeter and add a throw rug to make the space more homey.
5. A large closet or unused hallway are ideal spaces for a library, especially if live in a small apartment or house!
Don’t let technology dissuade you - there are many reasons to have your own home library. Even if you prefer to read online, there’s nothing wrong with doing it in your own quiet space!