Friday, July 10, 2009
Since school days I’ve been a wide reader girl and I’ve collected plenty of books along the way which I’ve given to my friends because I shifted priority in the kind of books I read. I love reading adventure, science fiction, romance and some subscription books like reader’s digest and more. Now I shifted my interest into inspirational books that will help me in sharing thoughts in my sites. I also collect health and recipe books because I discovered my love for cooking and baking. Since Mom is also a good cook I gained some tips from her to enhance my hobby and skills. Her books are now mine because she lovingly gave them to me as I’m the one who took after her flair for cooking.
Actually I started a food blog sometime last year to share my cooking adventures but due to a very busy schedule I didn’t pursue that blog. I was thinking of continuing it because that’s where I’ll put all the adventurous side of me when it comes to cooking. I cook with my heart and I don’t follow all the rules, I follow my taste and what I think will make my loved ones happy. I just hope I’ll be able to revive it as I’m inspired by what I read online on Heston Blumenthal's the big fat duck cookbook which highlights the story of the restaurant, the chef and how his passion for cooking made him rise above his colleagues. Oh how I love to see the book’s various recipes; I must have one of them so I can try it for myself.
Graphic courtesy of Tonya!
And...here we go!
1. The last thing I ate was green salad and fettuccini.
2. Sony Rechargeable Batteries for my Digicam is something I recently bought.
3. When it rains, it pours on me, I had many blessing this week.
4. Gen was the first person I talked to today.
5. Hugs are always coming from my three kids and hubby.
6. I'm going to put up a little corner office in my house for extra comfort in doing my freelance writing.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to rest and sleep as many hours as I can, tomorrow my plans include cleaning the house, visit the kids' school and Sunday, I want to take some sky photos for my weekly meme on our way to our Sunday fellowship service.
For other Friday Fill-Ins please click here